Gay Pride Parade Attaked in Tbilisi Georgia
Some of my followers may know that before moving to Japan I lived in the Republic of Georgia (the post-Soviet nation) for two years. It is there that I was accepted into an LGBT community for the first time in my life. I was horrified earlier to find out that my friends, when attempting to hold a Pride event, were literally chased by an angry mob of people, a mob that was encouraged by officials of the Eastern Orthodox Church. My ex, who was among them, told me how terrifying it was to be chased by thousands (she said 100,000, but I do not know for sure) of people, and people were chanting about killing them and their mothers. I am still trying I find out if anyone I know was hurt—or worse—but from what I know some people were beaten.
Fortunately, the police worked really hard to protect them and get them out of the city center on buses, but even after that they were chased by cars full of people throwing things, and the buses were damaged.
I am posting this because I want to make sure that this story isn’t lost, that my community in Georgia knows that it has support from around the world. So many of the people in that community do important work around the country, region and world, yet most people do not even know their country exists. And it isn’t only Georgia, but the whole region. I have known friends from Armenia who have had to flee for their lives to other countries, who have had their businesses burned down, who have been constantly harassed by gangs but cannot go to the police. But noisy hears about those things.
These things happen all over the world but I do not want to see any such event overlooked. If anyone can help spread the word, I would appreciate it.
So tired I having to explain this in Japan. They have basically mixed and rematched all the names of genres.
I always gotta reblog this
I fucking love Ms. Grotke and this show.
I knew y’all would have a gif set of this by morning.
This post has been featured on a 1000notes.com blog.
You know you’ve been sleeping in futons a lot when you can’t get comfortable in beds anymore…
Best thing ever.
It’s like watching the Matrix, but with kittens.
I was thinking rhe battle between Scar and Simba
A crash course on non-disney films and studios (sequels not included; list is not exhaustive)
aaaaaahhh it’s so beautiful good post
THANK YOU! THIS SHIT IS NOT DISNEY!
Yes yes yes yes yes!
- Massage Oil – Coconut oil soothes tired and sore muscles. Add a few drops of essential oils for more effect.
- Athletes Foot – The powerful antifungal properties of coconut oil make it perfect for any fungal infection. Add a few drops of oregano or tea tree oil for more antifungal power.
- Acne – Coconut oil gently fights the bacteria that cause acne. Dab it directly on the offending pimples and watch them shrink.
- Cleanser – Coconut oil makes an effective and gentle cleanser to remove the grime of the day.
- Lice – Coconut oil kills and removes this pesky problem.
- Stretch Marks – Prevent and soften stretch marks from pregnancy with coconut oil for soft and supple skin.
- Warts and Moles – Rub oil into area and cover with a bandage. Rub in fresh oil and place a new bandage each day.
- Moisturizer – Coconut oil is an excellent way to soften and hydrate dry, rough, or damaged skin.
- Face Scrub – Mix coconut oil with baking soda, sugar, or cinnamon and oatmeal for the perfect face scrub and exfoliator.
- Dandruff – Massage coconut oil into the scalp to ease symptoms of dandruff, both itching and flaking.
- Curb Appetite – Take a spoonful before meals to curb appetite so you don’t overeat.
- Wrinkles – Rub into lines, creases, and wrinkles to rehydrate skin and soften those wrinkles away.
- Sore Throat – Dissolve a spoonful in your mouth and let it slowly roll down the throat. This will coat and protect the throat, boost the health of mucus membranes, and fight any infection.
- Ring Worm – Rub coconut oil onto affected area to kill the fungus that causes unsightly ringworm. Add tea tree oil to clear the infection even faster.
- Lip Balm – Coconut oil hydrates and protects lips. Coconut even offers some protection from the sun, about an SPF 4.
- Cold Sore – Coconut oil has antiviral properties that will help the body get rid of the virus that causes cold sores. Rub it on when needed and add a drop of oregano oil to speed healing.
- Lubricant – Coconut makes an all-natural personal lubricant for intimate moments without chemicals.
- Gum Removal – Coconut oil gets the sticky stuff out of hair, carpet, and anywhere else it doesn’t belong.
- Pet Health – Coconut oil can do a multitude of things for pets, both topically and internally. It improves breath, makes for a shiny coat, eases joint problems, cleans ears, gets rid of fleas, and much more.
- Stys/Pink Eye – Rub a small amount of coconut oil on the sty or around the eyes to get rid of these painful and annoying infections quickly.
- Earaches – Earaches, swimmer’s ear, and ear infections clear up fast with a few drops of coconut oil mixed with garlic oil.
- Cradle Cap – Coconut oil is gentle and safe for infants and helps ease the itching, pain, redness, and flaking associated with cradle cap.
- Diaper Rash – Coconut oil can help heal mild diaper rash gently and effectively.
- Bruises – Rub coconut oil into bruised skin to speed healing and watch the bruises fade fast.
- Age Spots – Coconut oil has beneficial effects on any skin blemish. Use it to help fade age spots with powerful antioxidants.
- Shaving Cream – Coconut oil keeps the razor gliding smoothly while leaving skin smooth and soft.
- After Shave – Don’t want unpleasant bumps and rashes after shaving? Coconut oil soothes sensitive skin and promotes healing.
- Toothpaste – Mix 1 part coconut oil with 1 part baking soda and add a couple drops of peppermint oil. This makes a refreshing, natural toothpaste that whitens and cleans without added preservatives, fluoride, sweeteners, or other chemicals.
- Chicken Pox – Ease the itch and encourage healing with dabs of coconut oil. It also works on poison ivy, poison oak, mosquito bites, and other insect stings or bites.
- Yeast Infections – Coconut oil fights these fungal infections internally and externally.
- Makeup Remover – Coconut oil removes oil-based makeup easily, like mascara. It cleans, hydrates, and makes skin glow.
- Conditioner – Coconut oil conditions, strengthens, and repairs hair. Massage it in and rinse it out after ten minutes. A small amount can be rubbed in to dry hair to tame frizz.
- Polish Furniture – Coconut oil gives a protective shine to wood furniture. Just make sure you test it out on a small area to make sure you like the outcome.
- Energy – Coconut oil and its medium chain triglycerides make it an excellent energy source to improve stamina, endurance, or just to give you a boost through the day.
- Deodorant – Mix coconut oil with cornstarch, baking soda, and your favorite essential oils for a natural deodorant that smells fantastic.
- Eye Cream – Reduce puffiness and dark circles with a few dabs of coconut oil.
- Eczema – Coconut oil reduces the itchiness, pain, flakiness, and dryness of eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
- Sunburn – Coconut oil can help prevent sunburn for short exposures. When you burn, it will also speed healing and take some of the sting away. Make sure you wait until all the heat has dissipated before applying it or you trap the heat in. Wait 24 to 72 hours depending on the extent of the burn.
- Hemorrhoids – Coconut oil eases the pain and discomfort of hemorrhoids and encourages natural healing both internally and externally.
- Nose Bleeds – Rub a bit of coconut oil in nostrils to fight the dry cracking that can lead to nose bleeds and pain.
- Canker Sores – Dab coconut oil on canker sores to kill infection and speed up healing. Coconut oil is also a far tastier way to treat canker sores than most other methods.
- Toothaches – Coconut oil eases the pain and strengthens teeth. You can mix it with a drop of clove oil to almost instantly relieve pain.
- Acid Reflux – Take a small spoonful with meals to keep acid reflux and heartburn at bay.
- Urinary Tract – Treat urinary tract infections with a spoonful of coconut oil. It may even ease the painful passing of kidney stones.
- Nursing – Coconut oil works great to repair dry, cracked skin, including sore nipples from nursing.
- Alzheimer’s – Some research points to coconut oil as a way to slow the progression of or prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Bones – Coconut oil aids the body in the absorption of calcium and magnesium. Both minerals are important for strong bones and teeth.
- Epilepsy – Coconut oil may reduce the incidence and intensity of epileptic seizures.
- Fitness – Coconut oil boosts energy, increases metabolism, improves thyroid function, and aids healthy weight loss. It is the perfect addition to any workout or fitness regimen.
- Cooking – Coconut oil doesn’t form harmful by-products when heated like most other oils and animal fats. Use it to replace butter, cup for cup in recipes. Sauté, cook, bake, broil, braise, and more using coconut oil as a healthier alternative.
Coconut oil is the only thing I use for literally everything. Great post to bookmark for future reference!
Love coconut oil!
I effing love coconut oil.